Blessed Is She has been life changing for me. It has helped me to grow tremendously in my faith. Looking back on the last two and a half years since Blessed Is She started, I can see the growth I have made and continue to make in my faith life. Here are seven reasons why I love the Blessed Is She ministry and hopefully you’ll be convinced to to at least sign up for their daily devotions, if you don’t already.
1. Blessed Is She is a beautiful community of Catholic women growing in our faith together. This is a ministry for women of all ages. It doesn’t matter if you are single, married, religious, mama, grandmama. Blessed Is She has something for everyone. Which from my experience is a rarity when it comes to ministries.
2. Daily devotions sent directly to your inbox. If you’re like me one of the first things you do in the morning is check your phone, for better or worse. The best email I receive daily is from Blessed Is She, it’s also the first email I read. They send the daily readings along with a short devotion written by one of their amazing writers. The writers come from all backgrounds and each one does a fantastic job.
3. The women you are able to connect with and build community and friendships with are all amazing. From my experience, each woman I have connected with is truly a friend, even if they live five states away and I haven’t yet met them in person. They pray for me and I pray for them. If you are on Facebook (I’m not but I use to be) there are several groups you can join where, at least at one time, you could post prayer requests and learn about new things happening with Blessed Is She. Blessed Is She has a beautiful Instagram account too.
4. Advent, Lent, and Pentecost journals. I admit I am not a journaler, but I’ve begun to see the beauty in journaling. Yes, I try to blog here and there, but to sit and journal is another story that I don’t typically do. Now, with that being said, Elizabeth Foss wrote the last two journals and let me tell you, they were phenomenal. Rumor has it they might be coming out with an ordinary time journal written by Elizabeth?! I hope that’s true, because the reflections she writes really make you dig deep, think, and ponder.
5. Retreats. I was so fortunate for being able to attend the Blessed Is She Beloved Retreat in Austin. It was amazing! It was so worth the 18+ hours one way in the car to spend 48ish hours in Austin, and then drive the 18+ hours back. To meet friends face to face for the first time and give them hugs is the best! Truly, the best. I’m looking at you Nell, Kathryn, Mary, Jenna, Cate, Taylor Ann, and Wendy!! If you are relatively close (or not) to any of the retreats, GO! Honestly, you will not regret it.
6. Artwork. Erica Tighe from Be A Heart and others have done gorgeous work for the Blessed Is She shop. The shop sells everything from downloadable prints, mugs, shirts, bags, and the newest products including beautiful handmade rosaries and poster sized prayers. All gorgeous products!
7. Each month Blessed Is She offers two to three workshops. Members have access to all current and past workshops but they are also available for purchase. I’ve watched several and they are all fantastic. The Holy Spirit is truly present and working through each woman (or couple!) giving the workshops.
Bonus: Blessed Is She sells planners. I’ve tried several different planners over the past several years and this one is by far the best. It includes: feast days, novena reminders, lots of white blank space to write down to do lists, and lots more! Seriously it’s the best!
I pray these seven items convinced you that Blessed Is She is a beautiful community of woman that you should join in daily prayer. The Holy Spirit is truly doing great things with this amazing ministry.
**Linking up with Kelly!