Linking up with Christina and sharing our current favorites from our weekly trip to the library.
- Earl the Squirrel by Don Freeman – This is a good read aloud book. Genevieve, our animal lover, enjoyed this book. It’s about a little squirrel who needs to learn how to find acorns on his own.
- The Scarecrow’s Dance by Jane Yolen – Both girls adored this book. At first, I was unsure but I quickly fell in love with this book. It’s basically a poem with beautiful illustrations. Honestly, I’ve waited three weeks or more for this book to be available and it was worth the wait.
- This Is My Home, This Is My School by Jonathan Bean – This is a winner! Whether you homeschool or not, this book is a must read. I think this is the third time we’ve checked this book out and the girls still love it. Maybe I need to add it to their wish list for Christmas?
- Fancy Nancy Saturday Night Sleepover by Jane O’Connor – We adore Fancy Nancy! This book came out in the beginning of the year and we finally were able to snag it this week. I kept forgetting to put a hold on it. Honestly, this book made me tear up. This is a must read for all Fancy Nancy lovers, especially sisters.
- Mr. McGinty’s Monarchs by Linda Vander Heyden – Our girls love butterflies. So when I saw this book in the new release section I had to borrow it. It’s an adorable book about an elderly man who saves his neighborhood monarchs. If it was springtime I would be planting milkweed along the side of our house.
What children’s books have you enjoyed lately?
**All links are purely there for you to see more about the books from Amazon. I get nothing in return. As always, please check out your local library.